GACF (Global Alliance of Community Forestry), established in 2004, is a network of community based organization formalized with the aim of creating a common ground to meet the necessities, interest and experience of the stakeholders’ representing forest communities from different parts of the worlds for securing their rights to forests at the international and regional levels. It always step in demonstrating the importance and contribution of Community Forestry to protect the environment and enlist the livelihood of communities.
Building political and community process for presenting and defending a concerted position on community access, use and management of natural resources in international, national and regional meeting and forum, GACF seek to hold a strong communication link and remarkable impact on policy level.
Pro-people forest policy and practices to advance towards good and sustainable forest management, ensuring livelihood improvement leading to wealth of forest dependent communities.
- Empower autonomous federations at global, regional, national and local levels which have ability to ensure rights of local people on access and control natural resources.
- Local communities and user groups capable of driving change in the direction of sustainability, good governance, self reliance and democratization of natural resources management.
- Promotion of enabling and inclusive environment for the stakeholders to take part in policy formulation process.
- Poverty reduction through sustainable forest management and community – based forest.
- Promote gender equity in real.
Major objective of GACF is to link community organization efforts in order to have a joint incidence in international and regional forums on common issues of interest for those organizations and promote capacities and knowledge exchanges acquired between the organizations. Its other objectives incorporate building political and community process for presenting and defending a concerted position on the natural resources managed by community. It also facilitates to demonstrate the best practices and experiences of the community-based organization and develop a common position on community access; use and management of natural resources through building communication link and make impact on international, regional, and national policies and decisions.