Sixth National council of FECOFUN concluded with strong decision for community property rights, sustainable management of forest, forest enterprise development, poverty reduction , controlling forest sector governance, strengthening community forestry and environmental sustainability, with concrete strategy and campaign and came up with Jawalakhel Declaration 2012
1. The Council had decided to conduct nationwide awareness campaign for protection of community forest rights and strongly condemns the interference of forest movement by forest or non forest sector government agencies and also decides to pressurize the concerned bodies of the government.
2. The council decides to strengthen good governance and effective implementation of inclusiveness from CFUG to centre and from centre to CFUG level in all structures of CFUG and FECOFUN.
3. Forest mafias, illegal loggers, timber contractors, corrupt forest officials together with some irresponsible representatives of CFUGs had made Community Forest as a medium for corruption and forest destruction in order to make Community Forest unsuccessful. So the council appeals to the government for legal punishment for those who are involved in such activities.
4. Forest products are the pillars of livelihood improvement of the community but the centralized policy and laws had created obstacles on establishment of community forest base enterprises, green jobs, income generation and livelihood improvement programs. The council strongly demands to void such policy barriers.
5. The local communities are on high risk of climate change. The council demands for issuance of 80 percent of the fund according to Climate Change policy 2067 and Climate Change adaptation plan to the local community from the available fund for government for climate change adaptation.
6. Community forest had contributed on Climate Change mitigation. For this contribution of CFUG the council appeals among government to prepare and implement necessary policies and mechanism for payment system and for ensuring forest rights of the community.
7. The council decides to aware the concerned agencies to stop the programs including conservation area, conserved forest and chure conservation programs from government and donors which weakens the rights of CFUG and community forest.
8. The council decides to inspire the community forest to run enterprise of forest products and also decided that the members, CFUGs and FECOFUN representatives will not involve in the business of wood based products.
9. The council decides to aware government for direct participation of local community in presence of right holders and concerned stakeholders while preparing and revising policy, law and guidelines of forestry sector
10. We request to concerned bodies for current removal and draw back the phony case of representatives of Community Forest and FECOFUN who were arrested and kidnapped issuing different charges while actively working in forest conservation and forest rights movement.
11. The council decides to declare those forest activists as martyrs of Community Forest who lost their lives during the campaign of Community Forest.
12. World renowned Community Forest campaign is in obscurity due to period of operation plan. To remove such obstacle operational plan period should be added in easy way according to 2nd revision of community forest development guideline program by analyzing district wise status of community forest and work out on the basis of 25 years sustainable strategy developed by the community .Similarly in order to address this issue the council decides to draw the attention of concerned bodies to discourage the concept of 5 or 10 years period.
13. The cabinet decided to provide land for military academy (Rajdal Gan of Nepal Army Dhanusa) on Maltol CFUG Umapur 1, against the forest act 1993. FECOFUN highly condemns such military and administrative interruption on community forest.
14. The council draws the attention of concerned bodies to void the circulations which are against the ethics of Community Forest development program, forest act, policies and guidelines.
15. In Terai, inner Terai and Himali area the process of forest handover is stopped up. The council demands to carry out the process of forest handover in those areas.
16. In the name of IEE and EIA Community Forest handov
cialis funny video
typical viagra dosage
viagra generic price
g postmessage cialis subject forum
viagra interaction clonidine hcl
do viagra tablets go bad
buy cialis in canada
nasacort aq cialis
er and operational plan revision process are inconvenient. So the council forcefully demands to implement the agreement between FECOFUN and MOFSC to remove the unnecessary and impractical hurdles and also requests to implement the past agreements. Otherwise the council decides to move on series of movements.